Sunday, July 6, 2008

-Moderate Applause Required-

(I hereby reserve 37% of all applause for Regina Spektor)

Yes...

Drumroll...

I have learned ALL HIRAGANA! ALL 107 OF THE LITTLE DEVILS!!

As with this post, you start off immediately thinking, WHY should I care?! Well, honestly, I don't know. If you're not interested, then it's beyond both you and me why you would want to sit down and read this drivel.

Anyways, I'll skip the self-depreciation. Remember when you were too little to write your name properly, and your parents were delighted when they saw you skipping around singing this incomprehensible, yet jolly little tune called the alphabet song?

Now. Imagine your parents sitting you down and telling you that you had to learn over EIGHT MORE of these little tunes in order to have completed your FIRST ALPHABET out of THREE??! Honestly, Japan, I tip my bonnet to you, and expect my fellow Americans to do the same. Except for, you know, the men. Well... some of them.

NEVERMIND.

So, JUST thought I'd step in for a sec and let you all see how I'm doing. (For all Japanese-enthusiasts, it ONLY takes about three days to graduate from learning the basic Hiragana to graduating from the syllabary altogether!)

Thanks for reading!! :D

P.S. HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY, AMERICA! THOUGH THE DAY IS OVER, THE PARTYING NEVER ENDS!

9 units of feedback:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your blog and in Japan. We lived there in Fukuoka for 8 years before moving to Panama. I sometimes miss it a lot. Especially the great food.
Cynthia
http://destinationpanama.wordpress.com

Nia H. said...

Thank you very much for this piece of feedback! I have just been studying about Fukuoka.

However... I do not live in Japan. I live in New York City. Nonetheless I am working very hard to get there (trust me)... and I will someday.

Anonymous said...

How about Canada?

I need to TALK to you... figure it out. ;-)

Nia H. said...

Oh-- I do love Canada! For a country that's right down the street I'm quite bewildered as to why I haven't visited yet :)

Anonymous said...

Japan is okay but I like Trinidad & Tobago

Anonymous said...

I love Regina Spektor! I have all of her CD's except for Soviet Kitsch...

You always tag to her, but never talk about her! Would you please explain why you always put her in your tags?

Anonymous said...

The reason I always tag to her is because I'm totally obsessed with her music! I always play them, virtuosically, on the pianoPOOPOOOP

Nia H. said...

Oh poo-- my evil twin. I THOUGHT I got rid of you in that nuclear explosion!!

To Jesse,
Let's just say that my tags to Regina Spektor are an inside joke between me myself and I. One day I will profess my love of her music in one of my posts, but right now, what is there left to be said that already hasn't been said-- directly on her Youtube account??

P.S. I hope you're not just reading my blog for those itsy little tags.

ye mither said...

me myself and i that's all i got in the END
that's what i found out