Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Blwoing my mnid, one day at a tmie

Have you ever recieved one of these e-mails before? Take a look:


Don't delete this just because it looks weird. Believe it or not, you can read it.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

I actually did get this e-mail, in April of this year. Needless to say, it blew my mind! But don't let that fool you. Little did I know that my mind would be blown again-- much more violently-- by a blog which convinced me otherwise . Check it out now, and afterwards, check the little anemometer in your brain.

R.S. Yes, it's 5:30 AM. Who caares?!

R.S.x2 If you REALLY want to step into a gale, go to the website in the sidebar titled, "Cmabrigde". I'm sure you won't object to witnessing the polite bashing of a popular hoax :D

0 units of feedback: